Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Reflections

What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox?

I'm already using google docs to cooperate with my teammates and get organized.
I loved Jing because it allows me to make videos for my students to become more independent with technology, and to help other teachers with tech issues.

Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

I'd like to have my students working with digital storytelling. I'd like to have them working on projects for L.A, science or social studies where they would search for illustrations and pictures to tell a story or make a book on a given topic.

How have you transfomed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom?

I understand that incoorporating technolgy is fundamental for our student's future. I understand that now more than ever we need to teach our students how to be critical thinkers and responsible citizens, so they can take and give the best of what the internet and the technology have to offer. I understand we need to teach our children to be lifelong self-motivated learners and problem solvers. I understand we teachers are facilitators of their curiosity, we are mostly skill providers... the information is out there!

Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I needed a little push to get into so many tools that I always knew were not difficult to use but time consuming, so I never took the time to explore them or get into them. I feel more motivated than ever to incoorporate more technology into my teaching, specially into student's independent work... I'm curious and kind of nervous because getting 1st graders to handle this is a challenging task!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to take some time to explore some of the tools. Using technology with 1st grade will be challenging, but they will be so motivated to learn to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job Olga! I am excited too about the new tools that I learned. I also had not taken the time before this to explore very many tools out there. We will have to encourage each other to try some of the tools with our first graders and collaborate with each other. :-)

    ReplyDelete